Human Resources Manager
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Human Resources Manager:
SUMMARY: Develops and administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates employee benefit programs including but not limited to health insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA, FMLA, and other programs.
- Responds to employee s benefit questions, resolves problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, orients newly eligible employees, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
- Prepares and maintains human resources and employee benefits data and reports.
- Maintains employee files.
- Administers unemployment and disability claims.
- Administers safety programs, investigates accidents, and prepares reports.
- Negotiates contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants.
- Reviews coverage, services, and options available from insurance and investment companies to determine programs that best meet the organization s needs.
- Reviews benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
- Communicates benefit programs changes and updates.
- Assures required labor law posters are in place.
- Coordinates employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Reviews employee relation s issues and recommends appropriate responses to management.
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to influence management when appropriate.
- Understands the organizations value proposition and can articulate fundamentals of business and how the units tie together.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance against short and intermediate term needs.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Oversees management of controversial and sensitive staff issues