Jacksonville, FL 32206
Title: Referral Coordinator
Pay: $13.50 - $20.50/hour depending on experience
Location: Downtown Jacksonville (32206)
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8: 00am - 4: 00pm
Agility Staffing is seeking a Referral Coordinator for a world renowned cancer treatment center located in downtown Jacksonville, FL.
- Functions as a liaison between patients/guarantors, third party health carriers, insurance benefit specialists, referring physicians (or their representatives) and other departments to coordinate all aspects of the Insurance approval process and patient advocacy issues.
- Requests, monitors and obtains insurance approval for initial treatment, pre/post testing and follow-up care for services requested by Providers within established guidelines.
- Processes requests using guidelines based on the disease site and specific handling procedures required for pediatric patients and patients requiring stat treatment.
- Acts as highly effective resource to patients and providers as well as internal staff and external contacts.
- Communicates expeditiously to all involved parties necessary in coordinating medical care to promote a standard of excellence in quality service and increased satisfaction.
- Documents all patient medical/demographics, insurance, financial, patient and payor communication information according to established departmental guidelines.
- Identifies, pursues and maintains referral source networks; meets with departments and attends referral meetings to stay abreast of changes in the referral process
- Prior experience with obtaining authorizations and pre-certifications from insurance plans required.
- Prior experience with inputting data into computer systems and reviewing patient demographic material required.
- Two to five years clerical/customer service experience in a healthcare facility required.
- Prior experience working with ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred.
- Two to five years experience required with third party payors in insurance verification, network benefits, contract review and negotiation requests.
- One to two years experience in processing referrals required.